A few words about the NextGen Under 30 program
Now in its sixth year and expanding its scope and state-wide reach, NextGen Under 30 recognizes and encourages the next generation of innovative, creative, and inspiring individuals who push the boundaries in various categories of endeavor. In addition, award winners are selected based upon their participation in and contribution to their communities. A panel of respected business and civic leaders serve as judges. They will select 15 to 30 winners in each of 16 categories. Winners will be honored at an awards dinner and banquet on November 18th at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, and they will be profiled in ionOklahoma Magazine.
Awards Dinner and Ceremony After Party
Evan Hopkins, 2016 NextGen Under 30 winner, invites other winners and their guests to his club, Level 3 Lounge, immediately following the Awards Dinner and Ceremony. Level 3 is a trendy, opulent Bricktown lounge where DJs spin at parties that attract celebs and VIPs. Head over to 315 E. Sheridan (map)!
So that Evan can prepare, please drop us a quick note here if you think you’re going to stop by.
NextGen Leadership Oklahoma 2016 Retreat
At the end of July, Garland McWatters led a two-day seminar at the Chickasaw Retreat & Conference Center near Sulphur. The seminar was supported by six Oklahoma luminaries, and the feedback was excellent. Please enjoy this video that Don Swift had created from the event. See you there next year!
NextGen Leadership Oklahoma – 2016 Retreat Report
In the spring of 2016, NextGen Leadership-Oklahoma sent out a call to young leaders around the state offering a retreat experience to meet executives who are making a transformational difference in Oklahoma and to discuss their ideas of what Oklahoma should be focusing on going forward to make it the state of choice for Millennials. This group met July 29-30, at the Chickasaw Retreat and Conference Center near Sulphur, OK. Their names are listed in the acknowledgements. This is their report.
- Nominations Begin Tuesday, February 9th
- Alumni and Guest Reception, Gaillardia Country Club Thursday, May 5th
- NextGen Leadership Retreat, Chickasaw Retreat & Conference Center, Sulphur Friday and Saturday, July 29th-30th
- Deadline for Nominations Friday, August 26th
- Deadline for Applications Monday, August 29th
- 2016 Winners Announced Monday, September 12th
- NextGen – A Day at the Capitol Monday, October 10th (date changed from October 3rd)
- Annual Awards Dinner and Ceremony, Cox Convention Center, Oklahoma City Friday, November 18th
A production of OKnStyle Publishing, LLC
Nichols Hills Plaza
6465 Avondale Drive
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73116
Don Swift, Publisher